Have you ever thought about the need to service your swimming pool? It is important to check if it is functioning properly. Repairs due to improper maintenance may end up costing thousands of dollars. It’s also possible that swimming in a pool that isn’t being properly maintained could be hazardous to your health.
3 Signs That Should Alert You to Call for Professional Help
To get the most out of your pool, you must give it the best care and maintenance. It is always better to take preventive measures before you detect trouble because taking corrective measures after damage can be very expensive. The signs showing that your pool needs professional care are listed (but not restricted):
Signs from Your Water
As the major part of your pool, when your water exhibits some signs, you should not ignore them. It is better if you get professional help. The signs you can get from the water include the following:
- Unclear or Discolored Water: Maintaining the correct chemical equilibrium in a swimming pool may be challenging for owners. The healthy water should be completely clear and unclouded by any particles. If you find that the water has become green, this may indicate an imbalance in the chemicals. It could also be caused by algae growth.
The best option to restore the clarity of the water is to work with a professional pool cleaning company. They will bring the pH and chlorine levels back into equilibrium, and if they see that the filter is blocked, they will clean it. As soon as the problem has been fixed, you may want to establish a routine for weekly maintenance to guarantee that the pool maintains its chemical equilibrium.
- Unusual Coldness of Water: If you go for a swim and notice that the water is unusually chilly, your heater is not functioning properly. Ensure the heat is turned on by turning the heater on. If this is the case, it is quite probable that you will want the assistance of a swimming pool repair business to determine the source of the issue.
A malfunctioning heater might be caused by an inadequate power supply, a damaged filter, a broken pool pump, or damaged pool valves. All of these potential causes should be checked out first. A firm that specializes in pool maintenance and repairs will be able to detect the issue and make the necessary repairs for you before any more harm is done.
Signs from Your Pool Appliances
Pool appliances, due to some reason or other, might show a decline in how they work or even stop working completely. For your safety and to ensure the repair is well done, it is important that you inform a professional about the repair. Signs you could get may include the following:
- Faulty Pool Light: Because of the dangers posed by the combination of electricity and water, repairing the lights in the swimming pool should be left to the professionals. The lights may not work for several reasons, including a circuit breaker that has tripped.
Because of the difficulty of the process involved in fixing damaged swimming pool lights, we strongly recommend that you contact a professional to do the work. Not only will this guarantee your safety, but it will also improve the entire quality of your pool.
- Blocked Sand Filter: Sand filters may last a very long time, but if you don’t change them every 3-5 years, they may start to malfunction. Have you observed a decrease in the length of your backwashing cycles? It can be an indication that your sand filter is clogged or unclean.
The sand filter may be cleared by oneself; however, it might be time-consuming and requires several procedures. However, you can hire a professional to handle it.
Signs from the Pool Environment
The pool environment is also important; they have a great quota in your general swimming experience. Part of the environment is your fence, the space around your pool, the tiles in and around your pool so on. Some of the signs that mean you need professional help for your swimming environment include the following:
- Cracked Wall: Your concrete swimming pool needs expert care if you see cracks developing in the walls. Even if you believe a crack to be insignificant, it might eventually grow into an expensive leak.
Small fractures can be patched, but bigger ones would need the whole surface replaced. Every 10 to fifteen years, a concrete pool should have its surface redone. You may save the inconvenience of dealing with leaks and perhaps severe damage by proactively resurfacing it.
- Cracked Tiles: Like walls, the tiles in or around your pool may start to crack. When you notice this, you should call a professional to help you with the repair to avoid potential injuries.
Is it Worth it?
We know many will have been wondering if it is worth the stress. The answer is YES!
Maybe you don’t know what swimming offers you and your health. Swimming is a very necessary activity to maintain both your physical and emotional health. Swimming is a great full-body exercise that is easier on your muscles and joints than other sports. It is one of the least tasking forms of exercise on the body.
Swimming may also help lower the risk of developing several illnesses and health problems, such as type 2 diabetes and stroke, while at the same time assisting in the alleviation of pain that is experienced in the joints. It is also a great activity for those who are recuperating from injuries or are currently pregnant since it is low-impact.
Call a professional today if you see any of the signs mentioned above. Revitalize Pool and Spa is a pool cleaning company you can call for an affordable and reliable service. Visit our physical office at 644 Cesery Blvd, Suite 250, Jacksonville, FL, or call (904) 842-2223.